Top Five Friday
5 Excellent Mocktails for Summer
Summer is all about freshness; whether it’s swimming in the pool, eating a whole watermelon to yourself, or washing your bed sheets every week so they smell like clean linen 24/7. There’s just something about freshness that we love.
We also love the fact that freshness rhymes with mocktail (ok, it doesn’t rhyme at all, but let’s pretend it does). Enjoying non-alcoholic drinks outside, or simply on your couch (hey, trust us, you don’t need a cool, Pinterest balcony to enjoy a drink) is another great way to stay refreshed. If you haven’t guessed it yet, at Cozey, we love mocktails. They’re great alternatives to cocktails, since you can basically have one at any time of the day, anywhere you are (i.e. at work at 2 pm on a Wednesday). Not only that, but you can have as many glasses as you want without regretting it the next morning. Cheers to that!
This week’s Top Five Friday is a list of 5 great mocktails to sip during hot summer days. They’re fresh, pretty, and perfect for the hot months of June, July and August. If you try one, make sure to reach out to us! We love getting your feedback.
Rosemary Blueberry Smash
- 7-8 Blueberries
- Rosemary sprig, stripped
- 1 oz Honey syrup
- 1 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz Sparkling water
- Muddle the blueberries with rosemary and honey syrup in the bottom of a shaker.
- Add lemon juice and ice.
- Then, Cover and shake for 10 seconds or so
- Strain and drain into a glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with blueberries and rosemary.
Ginger Beer Mocktail
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice, chilled
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup, chilled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup ginger beer, chilled
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Carefully pour in all the ingredients except the ginger beer.
- Stir then top off with the ginger beer.
- Gently stir.
Grapefruit Honey Spritzer
- 3 oz Fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 oz Honey simple syrup
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- Club soda
- Rub the rim of the glass with honey simple syrup or a grapefruit wedge.
- Dip rim of glass into sugar
- In a cocktail shaker, add grapefruit juice, honey syrup, lime juice and ice.
- Shake for 20 seconds and pour into glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedge. Stir and enjoy!
- 10 Mint leaves, large or 15 small
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Honey simple syrup
- Sparkling water
- Lime slices optional
- Place mint leaves and lime juice in a glass and muddle them together for 1 minute.
- Add the honey simple syrup.
- Add the sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime slices, a sprig of mint, and/or fresh fruit.
Virgin Moscow Mule
- 1/2 cup Ginger beer
- 3 tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Club soda
- Mix ingredients in a copper mug 3/4 full of crushed ice.
- Stir together.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
We hope you enjoyed this list of our favourite mocktails for summer! And remember: if you try any, make sure to give us your feedback! We love getting in touch with you! Cocktails still sound better than mocktails to you? Feel free to add an ounce of your favourite vodka, gin or rhum to any of these drinks!
Top Five Friday
Every Friday, we release a Top 5 of things we hope will make your life a bit simpler and better. After all, that’s what Cozey stands for. See you next Friday!